Friday, April 27, 2012

A Shabby Flower Pot


This week at The Shabby Tea Room the theme is "April Showers" along with a beautiful inspiration photo.  We needed to use the colors from the photo along with ribbon or lace and flowers.  The first thing that came to mind was a flower pot pocket card (instructions here).  I wanted to make the flower pot look fancier than a terra cotta pot, so I played around a bit with distressing Colonial White cardstock, a transparency, and then decided to try vellum.  I love the look of vellum.  I ran it through an embossing folder for some extra texture. 

Here's a look at the pull out: 


This week at The Ribbon Carousel, it's Anything Goes with There She Goes.  I used some vintage seam binding to make a bow around the top of my "flower pot". 

Also, since all of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I'm entering this in their challenge - "Spring is in the Air".

I wanted to add some leaves around the flowers.  I was searching my craft room for something that I could use, and decided that the wing from the Bird Builder punch from Stampin' Up! looked like a leaf.  I ran some Topiary cardstock through a wood grain embossing folder before I punched out my leaves.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Topiary, Colonial White - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink:  Topiary - CTMH
Stampset:  Thank You - CTMH
Embossing Folders:  Wood Grain - Darice, D'vine Swirls - Provo Craft
Punches:  Bird Builder, Scallop Edge - Stampin' Up!
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Vintage Seam Binding
Vellum from my stash

7 comments:

  1. Wow oh WOW! This is amazing!
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely..thanks for the link for the instructions...cheers..♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, when I saw this at The Shabby Tea Room, I thought it was a vase of flowers! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete