Friday, June 10, 2011

My Favorite Scrapping Snack

I just pulled my favorite scrapping snack mix out of the oven.  Tonight I have a ladies card making night at our church, I love going to these, the fellowship and seeing everyone else's ideas.  We all make one card and then cut 10 kits to match, it's like a shoebox swap, only we don't call it that for some reason.  Then tomorrow I'm off to The Pine City Scrapbooking Company for a two day retreat with some friends.  I can't wait!!  I've talked about going on a retreat for a few years now, but between my kids and the farm it's been hard to get away.  Anyhow, since I have two paper crafting events, I decided it was time to make a batch of Party Mix to share and munch on.  I was given this recipe and mix as a Christmas gift from a former co-worker, I think all of us in my hallway were munching all day long.  Here's the recipe:

Party Mix
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter
17 oz. Crispix cereal
14 oz. dry roasted peanuts
9 oz. small knot pretzels
1 lb. bag plain M&M's
1 lb. bag Peanut Butter M&M's

Preheat oven to 350°.  Spray large roasting pan with non-stick spray and put in cereal, peanuts, and pretzels.  Do NOT put in M&M's yet.  In saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.  Cook on medium, heat to boiling and cook for about 90 seconds.  Remove from heat, pour slowly over cereal mixture in roasting pan.  Mix well.  Bake for 8 minutes, take out and stir well.  Bake for another 8 minutes, take out and stir well.  Pour onto counter lined with wax paper to cool.  Break apart while cooling.  When it is completely cooled, mix in M&M's.  Store in an air tight container. 

Mmmm, does it get any better than crunchy, sweet, salty, and chocolate all together?  Now I need to go finish packing, and a few challenges I have started.  Hopefully I will get one or two posted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment