Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cherry-O Mojo

I adore this weeks Mojo Monday sketch:

I also love to play along with The Shabby Tea Room challenges.  I was excited when I saw this weeks theme entitled Hi Ho Cherry O, we were challenged to create a card with cherries on it in honor of national cherry month.  Close to My Heart had a workshop kit a few years ago called Cherry-O it included paper and a stampset both with a cherry theme, so I knew what paper and stampset I was starting with.  Here's my card that I created using both the Mojo Monday sketch and including cherries:


I stamped the leaves on the stems and the bowl in sweetleaf and then rolled the edges in chocolate.  I have to confess that this is actually take 2 for me.  I wasn't quite happy with my first try, I took pictures of it, but couldn't bring myself to post them.  I was thinking about the challenges last night while I was feeding calves at the farm.  I decided to start over, so after I put the girls to bed, I stayed up late and made take 2.  I'm very pleased with how this card turned out.


Supplies Used:
Paper:  Cherry-O - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Stamps:  Bowl of Cherries - CTMH
Ink:  Tulip, Chocolate, Sweetleaf - CTMH
Brads, button, embroidery thread - CTMH
Ruffle Ribbon - Morex
Early Espresso Bakers Twine - Stampin' Up!
Scallop Punch and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up!
Labels 1, Circles Small, Petite Scalloped Circles - Spellbinders

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the embossed backing paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card! Love it! You did an awesome job with that sketch!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Have a SWEET Day!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete