Wednesday, February 22, 2012

High Tea with The Shabby Tea Room

This week at The Shabby Tea Room the theme is "High Tea" along with this beautiful inspiration photo:



I have a drawer in my craft room dedicated to empty containers that I can turn into something for a project.  Since the theme is High Tea, I thought I would raid the drawer for a jar to turn into a container to hold Friendship Tea. 


I decided that I was going to also create a card to go along with it and make it a gift set.  For the steam, I inked the stamp first in Versamark and then in Bamboo, so I only have to stamp it once.  Then I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder, heat set it, cut it out, and adhered it to my card.  I used a gold metallic marker to draw around the doily and sentiment panel.


I loved the gold details in the inspiration photo.  For the jar, I used a glue pen to add gold glitter around the outside of the cardstock.  I also stamped the image in Versamark and sprinkled it with gold glitter.  Here's the jar all alone:


And a closer view of the top (I adore these paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts):



Just for fun, here's the recipe for the tea I'm going to make to put in the jar.  I need to pick up a few of the items at the store tomorrow.  I couldn't wait to share this jar and card with you until then.  My sister gave me some for a gift.  I enjoyed it so much that I found a recipe that I like on the internet, except I can't remember where I found it.  I love that it's instant and that you can vary how much you put in depending on your taste and mood.

Friendship Tea
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups Tang
1/2 cup instant iced tea (plain, unsweetened)
1 package Lemonade Koolaide
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspooon cloves

Combine together in a food processor.  Store in a sealed container.  Put 2-3 teaspoons of mix per mug of hot water. 

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  A Sip, Playful Petals - Close to My Heart (CTMH); Favorite Thoughts - Stampin' Up!
Paper:  Sky, White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, Life Delights - CTMH
Inks:  Sky, Bamboo, Chocolate - CTMH; Versamark
Lace Ribbon, Gold Metallic Marker - American Crafts
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Gold Stamp Sprinkles - DeNani Design
Paper Doily Die - Stampin' Up!
Vintage Seam Binding
Mocha Opaques - CTMH

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous gift set! TFS the recipe, it sounds easy to make and delicious!

    ReplyDelete