Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Inspiration Peacock

Some of my creations start out with just an idea in my head, that's how this one started.  I wanted to try this technique with the peacock stamp.  I bought it last fall and finally used it.   For the peacock, I inked the stamp first with Versamark, then Pear ink, and finally rolled the stamp in the Pacifica ink.  I stamped it on white cardstock, added clear embossing powder and heat set it.  By inking with Versamark first, I only had to stamp the image once instead of color ink followed by Versamark.  After that, I spent a very long time cutting it out (and questioning my sanity).  I random stamped the feather in Versamark and Versamark and Pacfica ink on the Pacifica cardstock; used clear embossing powder and heat set.  I sponged a touch of Pear ink on to the center of the feathers using the emboss resist technique To give the peacock a bit more sparkle, I used a bunch of tiny blue and green sparkles. 

Supplies:
(All Close to My Heart, unless noted):
Cardstock: White Daisy, Chocolate, Pacifica, Sky
Ink: Pear, Pacifica, Versamark
Stamps: Circle of Love
Embossing Powder: Clear Detail
Accents: Sparkles Blue & Green Assortment

Techniques:
Heat Embossing, Rock & Roll, Emboss Resist

No comments:

Post a Comment