Monday, January 7, 2019

Happy Beeday

Today I'm playing along with the newest Cupcake Inspirations CIC #461 Sparkle N Sprinkle.  The challenge was also Something New, so we needed to use a new stamp, technique, idea.


 I ordered some new stamps from Honey Bee Stamps just before Christmas.  I'm excited that I finally get to use some of them, the Bee Hive set is adorable.  I noticed that the challenge image had some sparkle and black in it, so I tried to incorporate those elements into my creation.


I die cut "happy" from black cardstock.  The cute little bee hive and bees were die cut from white cardstock.  I colored them using Copic markers.  "Beeday" is stamped with versa mark and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I touched the wings of the bees with a Glaze pen to give them a touch of shimmer and dimension.  The polka dot paper has copper dots for some additional shine.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets:  Bee Hive and Hi Honey - Honey Bee Stamps
Dies: Beehive Honey Cuts - Honey Bee Stamps
          Happy - Taylored Expressions
Paper: Spring Time Foils - Stampin Up!

1 comment:

  1. Way to start off the new year with some new stamps! I'm so glad you joined us this month at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete