Saturday, June 3, 2017

Magic Color Peony

Hello!  For today's creation, I couldn't wait to create something using Lawn Fawn's new die set Magic Color Slider.  I was intrigued by the tutorial they posted on Youtube, I just had to give it a try.  I chose the Peony Bouquet set from Altenew, I just love that the peony flower has 4 levels of stamping, it gives the image so much depth and detail.  Also, on the Altenew blog, their June Inspiration Challenge is White on White Focal Point.  I thought it would be fun to make the magic color slider using this challenge.



I played along with this weeks Color Throwdown, we were to use navy, pink, gold, and white.



I made the slider pocket using Papertrey Ink's Enchanted Evening cardstock.  I stamped the outline of the peony with Versamark ink onto a clear sheet, and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I stamped the next three layers of the peony stamp on white cardstock using Close to My Hearts Blush, Hollyhock, and Tulip inks.  I stamped the Pull Here tab using Lawn Fawn's new Push Here stamp and Tuxedo Black ink from Memento.  I wanted to create a card that I could sent to someone in our church family, so I used the Inspired: God stamp and die from Papertrey Ink to create the sentiment.  I found a piece of gold metallic paper to die cut the name God from.  I assembled it on a simple card base with a subtle pink pattern from the Madison Avenue paper pad from My Mind's Eye. 





No comments:

Post a Comment