Friday, February 24, 2017

Season's Greetings Stocking

I just love sending out my homemade Christmas cards.  However, I have a confession, for the past year or two (maybe 3, I can't remember), November rolls around and I give up.  I have great intentions of sitting down and making a stack of Christmas cards, some matching, some not, it depends of my mood.  That time never comes.  So, November comes and I decide to order picture cards online.  Not this year.  I'm starting early.  I'm going to participate in a few Christmas card challenges to get a head start.  Today, this card is for the Merry Monday challenge, we had to have a stocking on our card.  I'm also participating in the Split Coast Stampers 2017 Christmas Card Challenge.  They have it for 11 months, with December being off.  The months and themes are posted on the forum, we can work on them through out the year.  My goal is 1 Christmas card per month (I'm starting slow).  April's card needs to have a creature on it.

I thought this little reindeer stocking from Stampin Up's Gift Givers set was adorable.  I decided that instead of coloring the stocking in, I was going to paper piece it.  So I stamped the stocking image on Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Kraft cardstock, and a patterned paper from October Afternoon's Good Cheer Paper pad.  Then I did some fussy cutting and glued the little pieces to the main stocking.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  I decided to make a hanger for it by folding a piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding in half the long ways and folding it over to create a loop.  



Supplies Used:
Stamp set - Gift Givers and Happy Scenes - Stampin Up!
Ink - Tuxedo Black - Memento
Paper - Cherry Cobbler, Kraft - Stampin Up!, Good Cheer Paper Pad - October Afternoon
Seam Binding - Cherry Cobbler - Stampin Up!

4 comments:

  1. Stacy, this is darling. I love your combination of papers and that stocking so just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable reindeer stocking, Stacy! Perfect for Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly thank you for visiting my blog and also leaving a comment, which in turn means I can visit back. However you have made me feel guilty. Normally I start my Christmas cards really early, and I haven't even given them a thought this year lol. I think I better go and make a start, so thanks for reminding me and love the card you have made.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete