Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sparkly Nature's Peace

For the Merry Monday challenge this week, we are to have a creation with shimmer and sparkle.  I've been enjoying using up paper that I've had for a number of years and pulling out stamps and other supplies that I haven't even used yet.  This week, the stamp set was Nature's Peace from Stampin' Up!.  I also had iridescent ice embossing powder from Stampin' Up! that I hadn't opened yet.  For some reason, I was thinking the embossing powder was white with glitter mixed in, so my first creation came out like this:


Not exactly what I was hoping for.  I wanted the shimmer from the powder, but something that was easier to read, so I decided to try using a white pigment ink pad to stamp the image and then top it with the iridescent ice embossing powder.  I also decided to change the cardstock color, attempt number 2 came out looking like this:


I liked the changes on take #2 better.  However, once I got that far, it occurred to me that I should try silver embossing powder (and of course a darker blue cardstock).  So here's take #3:


After playing around with all 3 takes, I decided to cut them out using a Spellbinders die, and to add bitty sparkles to the centers of the snowflakes for some added sparkle.  Which one is your favorite?

Supplies Used:
Stampset:  Nature's Peace - Stampin' Up!
Inks:  White Daisy Pigment - Close to My Heart, Versamark
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!, Twilight Blue, Outdoor Denim - Close to My Heart
Embossing Powder - Iridescent Ice - Stampin' Up!, Silver - Close to My Heart
Embellishments - Bitty Sparkles - Close to My Heart
Paper - Good Cheer paper pad - October Afternoon
Diecut - Spellbinders

5 comments:

  1. Three beauties, Stacy, but I love the third one the best - so great with the embossing on the dark card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of cards, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp...perfect for using with glitter, shimmer and shine! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 2nd and 3rd cards, both have heaps of shimmer and sparkle which stand out, perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun experimenting (if you have enough time)? I like the contrast of the 3rd card best, but I also like the soft look of your second card.

    ReplyDelete