Friday, May 13, 2011

Fun With Canvas

I made one of these for both my mom and mother-in-law for Mother’s Day.  I had such a hard time giving them away, I decided to make one for myself.  I’ve been on an altered canvas kick lately, I’ve been surfing the internet trying to find different tutorials and ideas for altered/multi-media canvas (I’m even debating signing up for an on-line class).  Anyhow, I digress, back to today’s creation. 

I should warn you first, I think I used half of my craft room in creating this piece, so the list is quiet long.  First, I mixed some re-inker with Pearl Finish paint and painted the canvas.  The Pearl Finish gives the background a nice sheen, and with my re-inkers I can make it any color I want.  After it was dry, I inked the edges with Bamboo ink just to distress them a bit.  Then I stamped “Beautiful” from the Find Your Style set in Timber Brown Staz On ink. 
Next the diecuts, I wanted to add some interest to them, so I stamped the image on cardstock from my Stampin’ Up! Notably Ornate set in Versamark and covered it with Cocoa embossing powder mixed with Prisma Glitter (you can’t see the sparkle in the picture, but it’s there in real life).  After heating the embossing powder, I cut out the image and adhered it to the light blue piece. 
Then I made the rose, a while ago, I found this fabulous tutorial on how to make roses from a punch.  I inked the edges with Blush ink and once they were assembled, I spritzed them in with Glimmer Mist to give them some shimmer.  I even dragged my husband around to some craft stores on one of our rare occasions off the farm just to find the right punch. 
I punched the bird out of Buttercup cardstock, and stamped part of the same image from Notably Ornate in Chocolate ink.  Then I covered the bird in Ranger’s Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy, it cracks and give the bird a nice shine.  To give the bird some dimension, I popped it up with foam tape and added a pearl for it’s eye. 
I added two different kinds of lace, the off white I hand gathered to add some movement and dimension before I put it on.  A few more embellishments, and I decided to call it done. 

Supply List:
Paper: Buttercup, Colonial White Cardstock, Topstitch Paper Pack, Life Delights Paper Pack– Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Inks:  Bamboo, Blush, Chocolate – CTMH, Versamark, Timber Brown Staz On
Stamps:  Find Your Style – CTMH, Notably Ornate – Stampin’ Up!
Paint: Pearl Finish Ceramcoat – Delta Creative; Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy - Ranger
Re-inker:  Sweet Leaf – CTMH
Embossing Powder/ Glitter – Cocoa, Prisma Glitter – CTMH
Lace:  Pink Collection Designer Ribbon, Colonial White Waxy Floss – CTMH; MultiCraft Imports
Punches/ Diecuts:  Labels 8 – Spellbinders; 2-Step Bird, Bigz Top Note, Embosslits Beautiful Wings – Stampin’ Up!; 6 petal flower – Marvy Uchida
Embellishments:  Pearl Opaques – CTMH; Trinket Crowns – Stampin’ Up!; Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist – Tattered Angels; Unknown clear button

3 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! WOWZA!!!!! Thank you for joining us at the RCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I love the trims! Thanks for playing along with us at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the soft colors and all of the beautiful little accents you added! :)

    ReplyDelete