Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ribbon reel challenge

I love the look of this room for the ribbon reel's second challenge.  A few of the elements stood out for me:  the pink chair, the frame hanging from the ceiling, and the groupings of 4. 
The challenge set forth was to create a card (or project) using the colors from the inspiration photo, flowers, and baker's twine.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use one of my new stamp sets, Close to My Heart's May Stamp of the Month - Chairs to You.  I inked the chair stamp first with Versamark and then with Bamboo ink, by doing it this way I only had to stamp the image once.  I embossed it with clear detail embossing powder and colored it with water color pencils just to give it a hint of pink color.  For the embossed back ground, I adhered the frame with the colonial white panels first and then ran it through an embossing folder, leaving the bottom half inch out so that it would be embossed.  Then I stamped the sentiment where it wasn't embossed.  Then I highlighted the design with ink.  I added some lace, seam binding, baker's twine, and one hand made paper rose. 
Supply List:
Stamps:  Chairs to You - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Inks:  Bamboo, Chocolate, Blush - CTMH, Versamark
Cardstock:  Colonial White, Baby Pink, Key Lime - CTMH
Embossing Folder - Vintage Wallpaper - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon and Lace - Pink Collection - CTMH, Seam Binding - Wright's Trims, Baker's Twine - Divine Twine, Cream lace from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, I love the embossing and that beautiful rose. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week.

    ReplyDelete