Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Card

Since Mother's Day is now over, I thought I would share a card that I made for my mother-in-law (who by the way is the BEST!).  I used this sketch from the Viva la Verve May 2011 challenge. 
I had to think about what I wanted to do with this sketch for a while.  I needed to make something to work for the tag, I was able to get the Nestibilities Labels 8 to work.  I stamped a flourish in second generation with Sweet Leaf ink, and then stamped the sentiment in Chocolate.  Then it was on to the scallop circle.  I wanted to do something a bit different, after some more thinking, the idea of using a big flower instead popped into my head.  To make the flower more interesting, I stamped it with the same flourish stamp, only using chocolate ink this time.  A die cut butterfly with a few pearls on it added the finishing touch.
Supply list:
Stamp sets - Playful Flourishes, Say it in Style, Simple Beauty - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink - Chocolate, Sweet Leaf - CTMH
Paper - Baby Pink Card Stock, Miracle Paper Packet - CTMH
Punches, Die Cuts - Scallop Punch - Fiskars, Labels 8 - Spellbinders, Beautiful Wings Embosslit - Stampin' Up!
Embellishments - Pearl Opaques, Big Pinks Flower, Pretty Pins - CTMH, Green Rhinestone - Kaiser Scrapbook, Button and Ribbon - Unknown from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment