Monday, January 16, 2012

A Mistake

I created this card for the Viva La Verve January Week 1 challenge at Split Coast Stampers.  As I was posting it, I realized how appropriate the sentiment was on the card.  This card was one of those that what I had pictured in my head wasn't what was created in paper.  However, I did have fun playing with a technique (embedded embossing) and using some things in my craft room that are under used.  And the ribbon, oh that ribbon, I love it.  It's one of those items that I can't bring myself to use because I'm hoarding it, I'm afraid to use it up and not have any more.  Which is silly of me because there are so many other pretty ribbons out there that I'm sure I could find something else to take it's place in my stash.  Enough of my meandering words, here's the sketch (which I love):
I envisioned embedded embossing on the green panel and using a ribbon for the blue panel, which I did for both.  That's where what I envisioned and what was produced parted ways.  I challenged myself to use some neglected items (like this embossing folder) on the card.  I think the colors are what I'm surprised with, that and I used mostly cardstock.  I love, love, love patterned paper and I only used one little piece.
Supplies:
Stampset:  Blue Skies - Verve
Patterned paper - K&Co.
Cardstock:  Twilight, Sweet Leaf, Colonial White, Bamboo - CTMH; Kraft - SU!
Ink - Twilight - CTMH
Ribbon - Maya Rd.
Pearl Opaques - CTMH
Tools:  D'vine Swirl - Provo Craft, Scalloped Circle Punch - SU!; Circle Die - Spellbinders

No comments:

Post a Comment