Saturday, January 28, 2012

Untraditional Valentine

This card was a stretch for me.  I used the Viva la Verve's January week 4 sketch, which I saw a ton of possibilities in, but the challenge was to do a clean and simple (CAS) card.  I've never done a card that I would consider CAS, so this was a first for me.  I also combined it with The Ribbon Carousel's RCC37 Non-Traditional Colors with Suzanne.  This too was a challenge for me, I originally was going to to a card with yellow and gray, but I couldn't find the grayish silver pleated ribbon in my stash.  It was driving me insane, but while I was looking, I stumbled upon the plum colored pleated ribbon (which I love).  Here's the sketch:
I hope I didn't make to to simple.  At the last minute, I added the tone on tone flourish in the upper left corner.  That helped.  As my brother would say, it's kind of like mold, it grows on you after a while (meaning the card). 

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Hearthrob - Close to My Heart
Cardstock:  Sunkiss Yellow, white daisy - CTMH
Ink:  Sunkiss Yellow, Pansy Purple - CTMH
Ribbon: May Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment