Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Pennant


This week, the theme at the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog is Spring is in the Air, we needed to use anything that reminded us of spring.  For me, one of the big marks of spring is Easter, so I wanted to create something to decorate my home for Easter.  This banner is really small, I used the Banners Dimensional Elements from Close to My Heart as the base.  The patterned paper was cut out using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge that's complementary to the Banners Dimensional Elements.  The banner is about 14 inches from the tip to tip of the Divine Twine, each pennant is about 2 inches tall.

Speaking of Divine Twine, this week at The Ribbon Carousel, the challenge is Anything Goes with Party Time Tuesday.  


Here's a close up of the first two pennants, I stamped "Happy" first.  On another sheet of cardstock, I stamped the Easter Basket, colored it with watercolor pencils, and cut it out.  I decided to use the handle to frame "Happy".   Since I didn't have a lot of space to work with on each pennant, I decided to go make rosette's to frame some of the letters.  Each rosette I cut one strip of paper 1/2 inch by 6 inches and then just accordion folded them (free hand because they are so small), glued the ends together, and made the rosette. 


I stamped some cute little Easter eggs on cardstock, colored them, cut them out, covered them with glitter, and used foam tape to adhere them.


Sorry about this last close up, it's pretty bad.  In my defense, I took the initial picture of my banner during the day, and when I sat down to type up my blog post, the picture didn't show the detail.  So I took some close up pictures, this one didn't work out so well.

Supplies Used:
Paper:  Lucy - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Stampsets:  Card Word Puzzle, Sensational Season - CTMH
Banners Dimensional Elements, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge - CTMH
Prisma Glitter and Watercolor Pencils - CTMH
Cotton Candy Divine Twine
Keepsake Felt Alphabet - CTMH
Circle Punch - Creative Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment