Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #105 - Spring is Near

Here's my card I created using this weeks challenge from The Shabby Tea Room:


The challenge was to create a card using the photo below as inspiration.  We needed to use 3 colors from the photo and dry embossing.


I used this fabulous sketch from Cardabilites:


I highlighted the embossing with platinum stickles, when I selected that color, I thought it would give it a wonderful aged glitter effect.  After I had everything glued down, I wished I would have gone with the clear diamond stickles instead. 

I'm also going to enter this card in these following challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #82 - Spring Colors
Use it Tuesday - Challenge # 27 - Green

Supplies Used:
Paper:  Lucy - Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Cardstock:  Sunny Yellow, Baby Pink - CTMH
Ink:  Bamboo, Pear - CTMH
Stamps:  Notably Ornate - Stampin' Up!
Platinum Stickles - Ranger
RicRac, Pearl Opaques - CTMH
Cricut Cartridge - Art Philosophy - CTMH
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Top Note Die, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Scallop Punch - Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I like how you combined the challenges. So glad you shared with us at Use It Tuesday & Cardabilities!
    Hugs!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Pretty polka dots and gorgeous flowers! Love the ric rac and added pearls too...great job! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the flowers and the papers are yummy.Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete