Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pink, Grey, and Purple Mojo Birthday

I loved the idea of the color challenge at "Just Us Girls" this week, it's pink, grey, and purple.


I combined it with this week's Mojo Monday 489 sketch.


I wanted to dress up the Pansy Purple medallion I cut out, so I decided to use my brand new Distress Oxide ink to stamp a background.  After stamping, I spritzed it so it would oxidize, and quickly dried it with my heat gun.  After that, I stamped the butterfly over it with platinum pigment ink.  


The Wednesday challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is to use more than one die or punch.  I opted to make a pink ombre panel using a loop punch that I layered.  I stamped the sentiment and used the corresponding die to cut the banners, and I cut the purple medallion out with a Spellbinders die.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Itty Bitty Banners, Bliss - Stampin' Up!
Inks:  Smokey Plum - Close to My Heart, Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide - Ranger, Platinum Planet - Brilliance
Cardstock - Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush - Paper Trey Ink, Pansy Purple, Blush, Hollyhock. Petal - Close to My Heart
Embossing Folder and Banner Die:  Honeycomb and Bitty Banners - Stampin' Up!
Ironworks Motifs - Spellbinders

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the designs and the oxide inking! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dry-embossed background and butterfly focal point! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Use More Than One Die or Punch” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of dies and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete