Sunday, March 5, 2017

Spotlight on Friendship

I decided to try the  challenge at Time Out Challenges.  The card needed to have a love or friendship theme and as an option, use the spotlight stamping technique.  I admit, I had to google that technique, you add color to one raised area of your image.  It took me a few days of thinking about the technique and going through my stamps sets not once, but twice, before I decided on this set.  I'm not sure I did the technique correctly, but I did like the final card I came up with.   I stamped the image twice, once in black, once in Lagoon.  I cut the black image out with a circle die, and fussy cut the friendship banner out with a scissors.


I have a confession, this is actually take 2 on this card.  The first one didn't have the black mat between the card base and the newspaper print paper.  It also had a white mat beneath the diamond layer instead of the ruffle ribbon.  I didn't like it.  It needed more.  So I ripped it apart and went in search of black cardstock.  I'm out.  I had to cut the back off a black card so I could have something to cut the scallop circle out of.  Thankfully, I had cut the scallop with enough edge that I could use it under the newsprint paper.  I also added 3 clear sparkles to the bottom right corner.

Stamp:  From My Heart - Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Lagoon - Close to My Heart, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Paper:  Enchanted Collection - Bo Bunny
Dies:  Spellbinders
Ribbon and Sparkles:  Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! Glad everything worked out for you! Love the colors too! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete