Friday, February 3, 2012

I (heart) You

I combined this weeks The Shabby Tea Room week #99 challenge - Love is in the Air with the Mojo Monday #226 sketch challenge.  This week the sketch challenge was either a round our a square card, I started with a round card, but didn't have enough circle dies to make it work (does this mean I get to go shopping???).  I originally was going to use a "Love" stamp for the sentiment, but as I was deciding on paper, I stumbled across some felt die cut sheets from Close to My Heart that I've had for a few years, but haven't used, I thought some felt would be a good addition for some texture.  I found the felt I (heart) U in there, and had to use it.  Part of the challenge for The Shabby Tea Room was to include a mail element, so I inked up a stamp first with VersaMark and then with Bamboo ink and then stamped it.  I repeated a few times, then used detail clear embossing powder on it so I could distress the cardstock without loosing my stamped image.  There is a tiny bit of overspray from some glimmer mist I was playing with, but in real life it does add a bit to the card.  I was inspired by Debbie Carriere's stitching on her cards on her blog - Scrappin' My Heart Out so I opted to add some stitching to my card.  I love stitching on cards, I think I need to do more of it.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Baby Pink, Bamboo, Colonial White - Close to My Heart
Patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket
Ink:  Bamboo - CTMH, VersaMark
Stamps:  Pure Love - CTMH
Border Punch Scallop Trim - Stampin' Up!
Labels 8 - Spellbinders
Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Mocha Opaques, Felt - CTMH
Lace Tape - decollections
Velvet Lace - from my stash (before I kept track of where I got it from)
Cream Pearl Pen - Viva Decor

1 comment:

  1. So adorable!!! I love the lettering and the postage stamp its perfect!!Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at the Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete