Monday, February 6, 2012

Hearts

I love the Pure Innocence line of stamps from My Favorite Things, I think they are so sweet.  Now admittedly, my selection of stamps is currently quite small, I'm working on adding to it.  So when I saw their post on Split Coast Stampers for the February MFT Guest Designer Contest, I couldn't resist giving it a shot.  The challenge was to stamp your heart out, so we need to include hearts in our project. 

As soon as I saw the Cheerleader, I knew she was my girl.  I could envision a garland of hearts between her outstreched hands.  I opted to paperpiece her dress, I wanted to make it look less like a cheerleader, and more like a dressy dress.  I also used my glaze pen on her shoes to make them look like patent leather.  For the hearts, I punched them from the Stampin' Up! Owl punch.  I colored them with my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to give them some shine.  My daughter still has left her heart doily's out for me to steal, um borrow.  I spritzed it with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist for some more shine.  Here's my attempt at a close up to show more detail:



Also, at the Catered Crop the current challenge is to use hearts in a project.  Since the sponsor this week is Heather Ellis the designer of Pure Innocence, I thought this card would be appropriate for the challenge.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Cheerleader by Pure Innocence for My Favorite Things
Ink:  Tuxedo Memento Black
Paper:  Close to My Heart
Copic Markers - E00, E02, E37, RV11, R37, W0
Die-namics Simply Scallop (large) - My Favorite Things
Labels 8 - Spellbinders
Owl Punch - Stampin' Up!
Flower ribbon - Maya Rd.
Cotton Candy Divine Twine
Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Bling Assortment - CTMH
Glaze Pen, Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen - Sakura
Heart  Doily - Target

No comments:

Post a Comment